Sunday, 4 December 2011

Affair

Affair by GothicNarcissusRock me on the river,
Where my troubles belong.
‘Cause you know I love you,
But I know it’s wrong,
But your body is all that I want.

Rosy affair,
You took my heart for a little while.
Greatest mistake I ever made, loving you.
Rosy affair,
I gave you my heart for a little while.
I wish I could stay with you tonight,
But I’m going home.

And we danced all night in the shadows,
Alone we stood in the crowd,
But I’m going crazy now you’re not around.
You should find another lover, baby,
Won’t let you down.

If I stay here tonight
There’ll be trouble,
But I don’t want to pretend,
‘Cause I know that we’ll make it.
My heart just can’t take it no more,
But I would rather lose a lover, baby, over it all.

Rosy affair,
You took my heart for a little while.
Greatest mistake I ever made, loving you.
Rosy affair,
I gave you my heart for a little while.
I wish I could stay with you tonight,
But I’m going home.

[ Affair – Hurts ]

Of course, despite the photobook being printed and given to the guys, I could not let too much time before I took another Hurts-inspired photo, so here we go with the beautiful and emotional semi-ballad Affair.
The story behind this photo is somehow similar to that of Happiness: onge again, it was Briar Rose who suggested the general idea, and then my mind found a perfect connection with my favourite muse.
This time, the challenge was to directly quote an existing photograph that Briar Rose particularly loved, for which I fell too upon seeing it. She asked me to find it a suitable title, and after thinking of some minor adjustments to fit the song I thought it was the perfect match to Affair.

The first difficulty to overcome once we were at work was the lack of a chandelier, which added the special touch to the original photo. To fill the emptiness of the upper part, we opted for that particular dress so that its golden pattern would stand out in black and white, catching the eye and makin up for the lack of the chandelier. Besides, I tried to get a somewhat colder feeling by having a looser hugh, as if they were done and Yue was about to go home as in the song.
One thing I really love about this photo is how expressive Briar Rose is despite not showing her face at all: the line of her back, the neck and her hand have something very emotive about them. Also, I love how she did her hair, she’s getting the best hairdresser and make up artist I know personally.

Oh, and the good news is you can expect a new photo for the Inspiration Hurts project quite soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment