Saturday 3 March 2012

Breaking The Habit

Breaking The Habit by *GothicNarcissusI don’t know what’s worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream.
I don’t know why I instigate
And say what I don’t mean.
I don’t know how I got this way,
I’ll never be alright,
So I’m breaking the habit,
I’m breaking the habit,
I’m breaking the habit
Tonight.

[ Breaking The Habit - Linkin Park ]

Some time ago, I mentioned on my Facebook fanpage I wanted to shoot an Asian model. I had browsed through some photography portals but found no one I particularly liked, until my friend Dani introduced Shinichi to me. When we started talking to organise the photoshoot, I found out that not only did Shin have beaufitul features, but we were also on the same wave length on a plenty of things, so the collaboration seemed interesting since the beginning.

Eventually, things did not go exactly how we planned them. We initially intended to shoot with a formal look in an upper-class urban environment, but we had to change plans at the last minute due to several circumstances. So, we ended up with a more alternative, metal-like outfit, with a subsequent change of the basic concept of the session: I kept the urban theme but switched to something more industrial and hooligan-esque, opting for Milan Central Station for the set. This in turn allowed me to bring to life some older concepts I had almost shelved, so the session was very satisfying anyways.
Inspiration for this set ranged from my evergreen Theatre of Tragedy fascination to Röyksopp, which I’ve been listening to a lot in the last few weeks, up to my newly-rediscovered Linkin Park. As we were shooting in one of my favourite locations, Milan Central Station, I tried to include also some iron architecture elements in the photos.
During postproduction, I noticed the whole series had a strong cohesion, perhaps more than ever, so I decided to apply the same posproduction to all the photos, turning them monochromatic with a subtle bluish/reddish hue.

I’m saving one last photo for a separate post, as it is the odd one out and deserves a threatemen of its own due to its particular developement. Meanwhile, enjoy the main photoshoot:
Simple Mind by *GothicNarcissus Lounge In A Pose by *GothicNarcissus
Age Of The Streetfights by *GothicNarcissus Sombre Detune by *GothicNarcissus
Numb by *GothicNarcissus

No comments:

Post a Comment