Wednesday 8 June 2011

Brand new stuff coming soon

Just A Holy Fool by *GothicNarcissus
I’m just a holy fool.
Oh baby, it’s so cruel,
But I’m still in love with Judas, baby.
I’m just a holy fool.
Oh baby, it’s so cruel,
But I’m still in love with Judas, baby.

Woah, I’m in love with Judas, Judas.
Woah, I’m in love with Judas, Judas.


[ Judas - Lady Gaga ]

Quite not my usual style, isn’t it? Not only because I’d bet many of you wouldn’t expect me to love Lady Gaga (let alone get inspired by her), but also because this photo is much more revealing, explicit and anti-classical than the vast majority of what I’ve done so far. Nevertheless, I chose this particular photo to introduce my latest artistic collaboration, as it is strongly representative of its main aim: innovation and self-challenge.
I recently met my dear Briar Rose, one of my favourite models and best friends, and we had a very satisfying and rich three-day collaboration, with a whole kind of different ideas and outcomes that left stunned myself to begin with. As she’s now exploring the world behind the camera beside that in front of it, we took turns in shooting and posing, so quite a lot of variety is to be expected. Unfortunately, weather didn’t help us, but didn’t prevent us from taking, beside this single shoot, two mini-series with Briar Rose posing (one with her boyfriend Yue), and another two with me as the model. We only wroked indoors, so we were forced to explore the tricky world of artificial lights, try and provide variety to our photos without the help of the set (as we always used a flat black background) and focus more on outfits and make up.

I must confess I just love working with Briar Rose. We’re very similar when it comes to ideas and their development, as we come from a similar background and point to the same direction: we’re both tired of the strict clichés of Gothic imagery and constantly aim to reinvent and improve ourselves, keeping our work open to a handful of different influences and inspirations not to end up doing the very same thing over and over again. This latest collaboration perfectly represented this aim of ours, as putting our creativity together we pushed our boundaries further than we ever did in more than one direction. You can still expect my distinctive gloomy atmospheres, as well as my classical touch, but the themes I explored while shooting are either pushed further or completely new; also, you will see me modelling in a totally different context that you’re used to. I will talk about each mini-series when I publish it, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment