Saturday 11 June 2011

Too much slutness going on

One of the things that bothers me the most about ModelShoot, an Italian photography portal, is the lack of the possibility to choose the sex among the browsing options when scrolling through model profiles. To be honest, I already have so many female models to work with that I could sell them (but I won’t, as they’re among my best friends), so I just have no need to look for new ones. What I need are male models, and since you can only find one every five females, all of this makes my searches absolutely difficult and frustrating (beside unfruitful: strangely, I’ve found more models through Facebook). I just wonder how the webmasters could fail to consider a detail that I find obvious and essential, but that’s not the point.

The point is: being forced to browse through an infinity of female model accounts I’m not at all interested in, I’ve come to the conclusion that I do pity, truly and deeply, all those girls that, despite having nice and artistically meaningful portfolios, just keep totally meaningless profile pictures just because they show their underwear, boobs or ass in a totally slutty pose, most likely just for the sake of getting more attention.
Now. You, random girl showing your underwear, boobs or ass in a totally slutty pose, please tell me: why should I choose you as my model? What is it so special and worth photographing about you that your next-page colleague showing her underwear, boobs or ass in a totally slutty pose doesn’t have? If you take for granted that photographers only look for models willing to show their underwear, boobs or ass in a totally slutty pose without paying attention to any other detail, namely the face, the style, the personality and expressiveness that would make a shoot unique, then what’s the point in keeping a photography portal at all? One might as well go to the nearest highway, get the first prostitute he finds (who will most likely be willing to show her underwear, boobs or ass in a totally slutty pose) and get the thing done like that without much drama. Because, you know, in the end all underwear, boobs and asses are the same, if you only look for that whatever woman could fit in the role.
Option two is that these girls would like to be noticed by someone holding one of those castings you win via sexual favours. Well, let me tell you this, random girl showing your underwear, boobs or ass in a totally slutty pose: epic fail! To those people any woman would be good for a random fuck, why should they just choose you?

Just a random thought about the photography world.

2 comments:

  1. "To those people any woman would be good for a random fuck, why should they just choose you?"

    Because I swallow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point, indeed! But what if also your collegues do? :0

    ReplyDelete